GET YOUR ENERGY RATING NOW !
WHY? Since the 1st of January 2007 it is required by law, that when new buildings (residential) are constructed a Building Energy Rating is provided by the owner to the prospective buyer (similar to the energy labelling of household appliances) This also applies to non-residential buildings since 2008.
Since January 2009 a BER Certificate is also required for existing dwellings that are sold or rented.
Ireland EPBD Energy Performance in Buildings Directive
The Directive requires that when buildings (residential and non-residential) are constructed, sold or rented out, a Building Energy Rating is provided by the owner to the prospective buyer or tenant (similar to the energy labelling of household appliances). It thus obliges Member States to make energy performance a visible factor in the property market.
- For the Background to the Energy Performance in Buildings Directive (EPBD) and what the EU hopes to achieve in Member States as a result of introducing the EPBD, click here.
- Information on the Legislation please click here
- How building regulation compliance is achieved click here
- How to meet the EPBD requirements click here
- The important dates for implementation click here